The Sprucettes love the holidays! Every winter we decorate the shop with festive ornaments, enjoy Katherine’s delicious baked goods (mmm, pumpkin bread!), and start shopping for the gifts we’re going to get our loved ones. This year we put our heads together and gathered a list of some products we think our family and friends love to inspire you while you’re shopping in Austin or online.
– When it comes to scarves (and desserts), the bigger the better! I’ve been eyeballing these chunky creations from Yokoo for many years. I think it’s about time I wrap it up (photo 1, courtesy of Yokoo)
– Paper to Petal is a must-have for anyone who loves making beautiful objects, paper, or flowers. Send it along with a box of crepe paper for the perfect DIY gift (photo 2, courtesy of Papertopetal.com).
– I’m speechless over Iro’s fiber art and am anxiously awaiting the next batch of winged beauties so I can start my collection (photo 3 and above photo, courtesy of Iro Fiber Art)!
– And for the most personal gift, commission paper dolls from Jordan Grace Owens to depict your favorite peeps (photo 4, courtesy of Jordan Grace Owens).
– What to get a man who has everything? One of the things on my list for my boyfriend this year is this amazing Porsche coffee table book (above, courtesy of Rainy Day Books). It will be a few more years until I can get him the real car!
– My mom collects snowmen for Christmas, so I always try and find a fun and interesting way to give her a snowman that she doesn’t have already. I love this indoor/outdoor pillow from Pottery Barn! Too bad snowmen aren’t a year-round look.
– Tesoros Trading Company has some righteous vintage Bolivian blankets (above, photo courtesy of Design*Sponge), and they’re back in stock! They don’t have them on their website, but I assure you they’re there! Use it as a throw, a doggie blanket, or as a rug like I do! Tesoro’s has so much in the way of décor, apparel, gifts, etc. It’s a fun, fun store for holiday shopping!
– Spruce’s Spectrum Daybed (a big ticket item!) would make a great piece for your college student’s first apartment!
– Sunroom’s Canopy Woven Shorts. A great for your best girl or guy friend! Unisex appeal! The perfect gift for any Austinite, since we live in shorts weather. Take them to the pool or hiking, or put on a sweater with ’em.
– Fabric from Spruce (above). Order a yard or two of Robert Allen’s “Mirages.” It’s perfect for the crafter, or your honey’s next decorating project!
– Shop Fair Trade this year and get your sister or BFF a chic purse from Purse & Clutch. The Woven Button Clutch (above, photo courtesy of Purse & Clutch) is hot! It’s made by hand from sustainable materials by women in Madagascar!
– I’m currently obsessed with The Burlap Bag’s soy candles. The packaging is simple and fun, and several of the candles have cute and sassy names, such as Unicorn Barf and Crazy Cat Lady (my personal fave). Pumpkin Addict and Gingerbread would make great stocking stuffers for friends, and you can get those online, at their shop on 502 West 30th Street, A Town Austin Lifestyle Store, or at in.gredients.
– If you can’t treat your mom to a day at the spa, why not bring the spa to her? Green Air’s aromatherapy diffusers are portable and provide a subtle, relaxing scent once you add a few drops of your favorite oil. You can get them at Take Heart, a great little boutique on Austin’s East Side!
– Nannie Inez has some beautiful home accessories, including these Kaleido Trays made by Hay. These colorful nesting trays give a playful pop of color to any room, and would make an excellent gift for creative types. You could arrange jewelry or even office supplies in these.
– This Roadrunner Lowball Glass Set from AustinMetroRetro Etsy shop is a crowd pleaser. I’m getting this practical gift for my friend Eva, who loves having friends over and making fancy cocktails.